Requirements for membership as written in the CVMA ByLaws, Article 3
1. Of good character.
2. Who is a Veteran of a Foreign War, "Combat".
3. The ONLY Acceptable proof for membership to the Combat Veterans Motorcycle Association is a copy of one's DD 214 or
ERB which must be surrendered to the BOD for verification.
4. Annual dues of $20 will be assessed effective March 1, 2010 for all Full Members (Combat Veterans) and $10 for Support
Members (non-combat veterans). Dues for CVMA members deployed in a war zone will be waived. Dues for all members
must be received by June 30th of each year. Dues for all new members joining between January 1st and June 30th will be
considered as paid in full for the balance of the current dues year and the following dues year. Dues for new members
joining between July 1st and December 31st will be for the current dues year only.
5. Must own and operate a Motorcycle of 500cc or above.
6. Should a full member resign they will be given a 5 day grace period to rescind their resignation with no repercussions.
After the 5 day grace period a member will have to re-apply for membership as a new member and will require BOD
7. Active members in good standing with the CVMA who become infirm, disabled or otherwise unable to ride their motorcycles
will be able to keep their patch and be retired as members in good standing with the CVMA. Members must submit medical
documentation and a minimum of one year as a member and/or BOD approval is required.
8. Life members, if for health reasons can no longer ride can at their discretion, remain members in good standing with full
voting privileges and can keep their patch.
9. Life membership requirements: 3 years active in the CVMA. Member must be in good standing for all three years and
minimum participation of one sanctioned CVMA event per year is required. One of which must be a National meeting. Cost for
life membership is $200. If a life member quits for any reason or the member is removed from the CVMA rolls for any
reason, no refunds will be made.
1. Must be of good character.
2. All Auxiliary members must be a spouse, widow or widower of a full member who is in good standing with the CVMA.
3. Must support the efforts of ALL branches of the United States of Americas Armed Forces and the Combat Veterans
4. Will have no vote in CVMA business.
5. Cannot hold a position on the BOD.
6. $10.00 annual dues will be assessed by the CVMA Auxiliary Unit.
1. Must be of good character.
2. Must own and operate a motorcycle of 500cc or greater.
3. Maximum number of support members will not exceed 10% of total CVMA full Combat membership.
4. Support members must be a veteran of the United States Armed Forces.
5. Support members will read and abide by all CVMA by-laws applicable to them. Sections excluded:
1. Section 6 and subsection 2.
2. Section 3.
4. Duties of Officers.
6. Support members are required to submit their application with proof of military service through a full member of the CVMA
who has held a membership for not less than one year. Support members are required to have either ridden a minimum of
3,000 miles with their sponsor, attended three CVMA events or be known by their sponsor for a minimum of 6 months. A full
member submitting an application for a support member should verify they meet the above criteria. Only 1 support member
can be vouched on per year by an individual CVMA member. Support members will be at a 1 to 10 ratio, 1 support member
to 10 full members based on state.
7. Will have no vote in CVMA business.
8. Cannot hold a position on the BOD.
9. $10.00 annual dues will be assessed and a CVMA Support ID will be issued.
Support members in good standing can wear a small CVMA Support Patch on the front of their vest or jacket which will be supplied by their sponsor. Support members can also wear the 10 inch support back patch which will be supplied by their sponsor.